Monday, September 8, 2008

LUCAS JERYL WRAY



Friday was supposed to be any other day but it turned out extraordinary! With an induction scheduled for September 10th and an original due date on the 17th we didn't expect anything to happen before the 10th. Lucas had other plans. Early Friday morning my water broke, this time it was not because I was coughing. We hurried to get the kids ready for school and Shelley agreed to take Delaney for the day. Once at the hospital they didn't waste any time getting me in to the delivery room. About 4 hours later Lucas was born.

Lucas is a healthy 8 lbs 3 oz and 20.5 inches long. I figured he must have Mike's head after it took over an hour of hard pushing to get him here. The nurses in the nursery were a little concerned about his breathing but after a little more observation they let him come back to my room where he spent the better part of the next 2 days. I was discharged Sunday around noon and we have been enjoying Lucas ever since. We are so blessed to have him here and healthy. The kids are so excited and clammor for time to hold him. Brandon is a proud brother and it seems like he expects to be able to play ball any day now. Delaney is having the toughest time with this whole thing. She loves that we have a baby around but is missing the attention. We are so glad he is here and healthy!


9 comments:

Cory and Cheri said...

yea!!!! i'm so glad he's here! he's super cute and so very lucky to have come to such a wonderful family with great sisters and an awesome brother! keep the pictures coming!!!! love you guys!

Cindy said...

It's kind of funny that you went a couple of weeks early. You were the one who said that you thought I would have Erik within 24 hours(two weeks early) and I did. Lucas is soooo cute! What a blessing to have in your home. I can't wait to see him!

Emily said...

Oh, he's so adorable! I'm so glad he came early (how big would he have been on the 17th?!?) We can't wait to meet him!!

Corinne said...

He is so adorable! I wish I were there to hold him and kiss his feather soft cheeks, you'll have to do it for me! Is his hair light? It looks like it in your top picture. Tell the other kids hi..... it was fun to talk to you yesterday.... I miss it!

Shantel said...

We are so happy for you guys! We can't wait to see him in person!!

Christy said...

He is super cute! I am so glad all went well.

Lori said...

You can tell he is yours. We are so happy for you. You must have done something pretty wonderful to be blessed so abundantly! He is just darling.

Karin said...

You did a great job Andrea...and I guess Mike too. He is a beautiful baby (Handsome I guess is a better word.) Congrats. Love the name, I might have to use that one.(:

Anonymous said...

Wait a minute! The 5th isn't an ordingary day...to Makenzie! She's excited to share a birthday with "baby lucas". So am I, one less number to remember. :) I keep thinking how odd it is to think about when you called me on the 5th two years ago and I was at the hospital and little did you know, you'd be in the exact spot in exactly 2 years! Ha! We should compare room numbers. That could be freaky. I'm really mad about this cough thing we have that won't go away! I want to see him! Soon though, it's getting a little better. Delaney and Kenzie had TONS of fun. I didn't know such a little kid could eat so much sandwich! :)